LEFT PROF. SENI KOUANDA (SAA SECRETARY GENERAL), DR. RAYMONDE COFFIE GOUDOU (MINISTER OF HEALTH & PUBLIC HYGIENE/ICASA 2017 VICE PRESIDENT), DR. IHAB AHMED ABDELRAHMAN (SAA PRESIDENT/ICASA 2017 PRESIDENT), MR. LUC BODEA (SAA COORDINATOR/ICASA DIRECTOR)
The Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA) hereby Represented by its President; Dr. Ihab Ahmed, invites African countries wishing to host the 20th International Conference on HIV/AIDS and STIs in Africa in 2019 (ICASA 2019) to send in their application bid document to the SAA Secretariat in Accra- Ghana. Closing date for submission of Application 30th July 2017.
ICASA 2019 will be the 20th International Conference on HIV/AIDS and STI’s in Africa to be organized by the Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA).
Any African country is eligible to be considered to host ICASA. However, certain criteria must be fulfilled to qualify for selection.
The procedure for application is as follows:
Interested country should submit a bid document of intent to the SAA Secretariat backed up with detailed proof of evidence of the following information:
- Strong Government support: financial commitment and political will to host the conference.
-Provide and financially support the Conference venue: Capacity of Plenary rooms: 5000 seats with at least 7 break way rooms with capacity from 1500 to 150 seats.
-Provide financial support for the local Secretariat that will be working with the International secretariat.
-Provide Scholarship for at least 300 local Participants.
- Availability of standard hotels to accommodate up to 10,000 participants as well as conference venue(s) with standard conference facilities.
- Good transportation network within the country.
- Good tele-communication network within country with links with other African countries and international communities.
- Presence of cohorts of scientific, leadership, civil societies, organized groups of PLHIV, private sector, youth organizations oriented towards HIV/AIDS related activities.
- Easy access by air and by road where needed.
- Recognizable presence of Government organ/body responsible for HIV/AIDS coordination in the country.
- Good security network to guarantee participants’ safety.
- Guarantee easy visa facilities and assistance to conference participants and no restriction to entry for PLHIV, MSM and other minorities group.
- Political stability.
- No discriminatory government policies based on gender, HIV status and religion.
The detailed bid document of intent backed up with evidence should reach the Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA) Permanent Secretariat both by email, attachments and by courier services to the SAA President:
Society for AIDS in AFRICA
SAA Permanent Secretariat Accra
P.O. Box 2072
Plot Container 58 Otano Estates,
Behind NHTC, Adjiringano
Mob: (+ 233) 54 37 48 78 1 or (+233) 26 89 21 58 2
Office Line: (+ 233) 30 29 13 73 9
(a) Submitted applications will be evaluated by Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA) Council members whereby 2 countries will be preselected, based on meeting the criteria as listed in Step 1.
(b) Assessment visit will conducted by 2 or 3 SAA’s Council members to the 2 preselected countries. The preselected countries will invite SAA for the two days assessment visit before 22nd January to 27th January 2018
- The process of preselection will be concluded by the latest 23rd to 27th October 2017 followed by the notification to the 2 countries.
- After SAA Council members’ deliberation the host country of ICASA 2019 will be notified on the 28th February 2018 followed by a press communiqué/release.
- Prior to final selection of the host country of ICASA 2019, and before a notification letter will be sent to the host country, an MOU will be signed between the selected country and Society for AIDS in Africa (SAA) the custodian of ICASA.
- SAA President is ICASA 2019 Chair; the host country will appoint a Co-chair for ICASA 2019 in consultation with SAA. The Council reserves the right to revoke the hosting rights of a country if there are reasonable doubts of ability to deliver.
Leave a Comment or Questions